Online Class FAQ
Never taken an online doll making class? They’re a lot of fun. Here’s how they work on Doll Street…
- Once you sign up you will receive a confirmation email from me, then shortly thereafter an invitation to a Yahoo Group, which is the classroom.
- Once you join the group/classroom you can go to the Files section and download the Supply list. This gives you time to look for (or order) any needed supplies.
- Once the actual class start date arrives the first class lesson will be posted to the Files section of the classroom. It will be a PDF file (you will need the Adobe reader to view it).
- The lesson will consist of photos and text that will walk you through each step of the process. You can save the file to your hard drive, print it out, or both.
- The teacher will be available to answer any questions that you might have. Some of our teachers like to hold scheduled chats too – so there’s lots of interaction.
- Additional lessons will be posted each week. Some classes are really talkative – you’ll be helping and encouraging each other.
- As you work through the lessons you can upload photos of your in-progress work in a personal photo album – which is also helpful for the teacher if there is a problem or you want to be critiqued.
- The class will stay ‘up’ for approximately two weeks after the last lesson is posted.
What’s the best thing about online classes? It doesn’t matter where you live in the world – or what time zone you are in – you can work at your leisure and at your own pace. Work in the middle of the night or the middle of the day. It’s up to you.