Swaps, Projects & Challenges
For Doll Street Members Only!
Not a member? Click Here!
Mermaid Pin Doll Swap
Hosted by Gloria Nickolis email@example.com
DEADLINE: April 27th, 2013
In keeping with DOLLSTREET tradition, let’s keep the pindolls (limit of 3 per person) to a maximum length of up to 6″.
Each mini-doll can be up to approximately 8″. (Limit 1-2 per person) You can participate in both swaps. I believe we might need them to be just a tad longer than we usually do to accommodate for the tail. Click the mermaid for a free pattern.
In using Judi’s words, “Dolls and pindolls must have a proper pin on the back, not a safety pin. If possible, please sign and date your creation on the back.
Put each pindoll in it’s own little baggie (snack bags work well) along with a piece of paper or business card with your name and email on it. Wrap your mini-doll in some tissue or bubble wrap to protect it
Put your dolls in an envelope or whatever mode of transportation he/she needs along with a RETURN ADDRESS LABEL and RETURN POSTAGE of equal or greater than the postage you paid to send your dolls to me. If everyone could throw in a little extra to help defray any additional costs, that would be appreciated. PLEASE DONT FORGET RETURN POSTAGE and RETURN ADDRESS LABEL.”
Bubble, Bubble, let’s have some fun!
Heart Swap 2013
Pictures coming soon!!
Challenge: The Wizard of Oz
Hosted by Judy Skeel, this challenge is to make a doll from any one of the Wizard of Oz books. There are over a dozen books to choose from, so many, many characters are available. Time line has not been established as a lot of us have to READ the books! These dolls may be displayed at the AFICC conference in April!
- Create a doll to resemble any character from one of the 14 Oz books written by L. Frank Baum. Dolls will be shipped to Judy Skeel by April 1st (No Foolin’!) to be displayed at AFICC. Shipping info will be posted closer to shipping time.
- Please keep dolls under 20 inches and not too wide to allow room for more dolls in the display.
- Any medium is welcome.
- Dollmakers of all skill levels are encouraged to participate to represent Doll Street as a club. We’ve had a very good display at every AFIC, so this should be our best!
- Email Judy at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up. Include the character name of your piece when you know it.
It’s easy to find a character on Wikipedia if you don’t have or want to read a book. Go to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Oz_characters and find some being who sparks your imagination (creatures are welcome too).
Shipping Oz Dolls
- Dolls must be attached to all their accessories and must be able to stand freely to display.
- Dolls name and dollmakers name must be pinned to the undergarments or back of each doll.
- If a pattern was used please note that information for the ID card. Include doll name and Dollmakers name.
- Please pack dolls with bubble wrap or paper. No packing peanuts are allowed.
- Return postage must be included in the box or dolls will not be returned.
- Ship dolls to arrive between April 1st and 10th.
- Ship dolls to Judy Skeel, 6881 Tussic St. Rd., Westerville, OH 43082
- Dolls will be returned to each dollmaker following AFICC as soon as Judy recuperates from the fun.
Questions should be sent to email@example.com
Pin Doll Swap
Theme: New Beginnings
To celebrate Edwina’s reign, we had to have a pin doll swap. See pictures HERE
We are going to make one of the Smallwork’s Dragons together. This will be done through a separate mailing group and will have weekly goals. Sometimes making a more complicated pattern is easier when done in a group. Kind of like a mini class without an actual teacher. Everyone will be required to buy their own pattern. This is ongoing and is taking a very, very long time.